Hostel & Dinning
Hostel is just another home for the students. As a 24 x 7 campus, the hostel gives the comfort and feel of being with one’s family. The college is equipped with fully furnished separate hostel facilities for boys and girls. The hostels are specially designed with two primary objectives of safety and comfort. SPDC is a walled campus with a single entry and 24-hour security. The campus services like the library and internet are made available to hostel inmates beyond the college hours. The hostel is annexed with a kitchen, to provide food at a protected and hygienic environment along with dining halls. Healthy and nutritive food is served. The hostel kitchen has facilities for steam cooking with gas stoves.
Rules and Regulations:
- No student will be allowed to leave the hostel based on a phone call.
- Parents are requested to give a list of authorized visitors/local guardians.
- Visitors not mentioned in the list, will not be permitted to visit the students in the hostel.
- Students will be permitted to go home only if the college is closed continuously for 3 days or more.
- Any student wishing to attend a function in the house, marriage or any other ceremony will be permitted to go only if the request is made by the parents to the Principal.
- Every boarder should report back in the hostel before hostel timings, as notified by the hostel authority. While going out of the hostel campus, proper entries have to be made in a register, after seeking permission from the warden.
- Residents going out of the hostel but within the campus like laboratories and library after the specified hostel timings, have to make proper entries in campus register, after seeking permission from the warden.
- Anyone leaving the station for going home/ other places for a weekend or for vacations must make a proper entry in leave register and seek prior permission of the Hostel Warden.
- No guests, including parents, are allowed after the hostel timings in the hostel.
- A guest register is kept at the office. Residents should ensure that they make proper entries in that register when their guests visit.
- Night stay at the local guardian’s house is not permitted.
- The boarders are not allowed to keep any pets on the hostel premises.
- The boarders are not allowed individual cooking etc. in the rooms and messing outside the Hostel also not allowed.
- The boarders shall not indulge in any act of theft, immoral acts, misbehavior with hostel/ mess staff, spread of regionalism, communalism, and caste, etc.
- Boarder should not keep costly items like jewelry, electronic gadgets, etc.